Often times, we have to pull off an exit for unexpected occurrences like: changing a flat tire, putting air in a tire, or even a restroom break. There are a few safety tips that you can follow before deciding to handle those emergencies at convenient stores that you are not familiar with. Some convenient stores are located in areas prone to violence and other crime. In many cases, the owners take little to no steps to protect invitees of their business from being shooting or crime victims at their convenient stores. To avoid being a shooting or crime victim at any convenient store, consider these following tips:
1. Do not stop at a convenient store in a neighborhood that you are not familiar with.
2. Avoid stopping at convenient stores that are not well lit at night.
3. Avoid stopping at convenient stores were there is low traffic.
4. Do not hold conversations with strangers approaching you should you have to stop at a convenient store in an area that is foreign to you.
5. Avoid showing money, leaving your car running, or flashing high value material items at a convenient store, ever.
6. Avoid asking for directions unless you can do so privately with the store clerk.
7. If you are at a convenient store at night, park very close to the front of the store where store employees have visibility.
8. If it looks bad, it probably is bad. Do not stop at all.
9. If someone approaches or watches your vehicle as soon as your arrive at the convenient store, do not stop. Find another place to stop.
Stay safe. Call Lawson Law Firm today if you have questions about a case or if you think we can help you with your injury case. Let us fight for you.