You have rights as a slip and fall accident victim in Lawrenceville, Georgia. You can hold a negligent property owner or business accountable for your injuries, costs, and suffering by taking legal action. The experienced Lawrenceville slip and fall accident lawyer at Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys can help you maximize your recovery.
For more than a decade, Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys has been a trusted name in premises liability litigation in Lawrenceville, GA. As an award-winning legal team with 18+ years of collective experience, we’ve helped our clients take on tough opponents and won millions in life-changing monetary awards.
Let us make a difference in your life, too. Contact our law office or call (678) 446-3655 to set up a time for a free consultation with our Lawrenceville slip and fall accident attorney. We’re always here to help when you need us most – 24/7/365.
How Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Slip, Trip, or Fall Accident in Lawrenceville, GA
If you’re legally on someone else’s property, the owner has an obligation to keep you safe. More specifically, the owner assumes a duty to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition. If you get hurt because the property is unsafe, the owner can potentially be on the hook for your resulting damages.
Proving a business or property owner’s negligence can be a challenge. It’ll require time, resources, and an in-depth knowledge of Georgia premises liability law. That’s where our Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer can really help.
At Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys, we’re accomplished, respected, and unafraid to go head-to-head with powerful corporations and insurance companies. We strive not only to help our clients secure life-changing compensation but also to make a positive impact in their lives that will continue for years to come.
When you turn to our law firm for help, you’ll get the time you need to recover while we handle the rest.
Trust us to:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your slip and fall accident
- Identify the specific hazard that caused you to fall and get hurt
- Determine if the owner knew or should have known about this specific hazard
- Establish the specific duty of care owed to you under Georgia law
- Analyze critical pieces of evidence, including photographs, medical records, the accident report, prior reports of hazards on the premises, and witness statements
- Aggressively seek a maximum settlement during negotiations with the owner and/or its insurance company
- Explain the pros and cons of accepting any settlement offers you receive
- Bring your slip and fall lawsuit to a Gwinnett County jury if the defense doesn’t take your case seriously
Slipping and falling can result in painful, costly injuries. Don’t delay seeking the financial justice you not only need but deserve. Trust our premises liability lawyer in Lawrenceville to help you make the most of this situation.
We offer a free consultation and work on contingency. As a result, you pay absolutely nothing for our help unless we win your slip and fall accident case. Get started by calling our Lawrenceville, GA law office today.
18+ Years of Experience Handling All Types of Slip and Fall Accident Cases
Slips and falls can happen just about anywhere in Lawrenceville, Georgia. After a fall, it’s important to enlist the help of an attorney who has considerable experience litigating a variety of slip and fall accident cases.
At Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys, we’ve helped clients seek compensation after slips and falls at Lawrenceville:
- Shopping malls
- Retail stores
- Nursing homes
- Office buildings
- Daycare centers
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Construction sites
- Government buildings
- Grocery stores
If you got hurt because of a hazardous condition on someone else’s property in Lawrenceville, we can help. Call our law office to discuss the details of your case today.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
Slip and fall litigation is a matter of premises liability. Premises liability is all about negligence.
Ultimately, you have to prove that you slipped and fell because a property owner (or party in control of the premises) was negligent in maintaining the premises.
More specifically, you must prove the following:
- You were lawfully on the premises with the owner’s consent (implied or express)
- A dangerous condition existed on the premises
- The owner, through exercising ordinary care over the premises, knew or should have known about the hazard
- The owner failed to fix the hazard or provide an adequate warning
- You slipped and fell or tripped and fell because of the dangerous condition. and
- You’ve suffered damages.
In other words, you have to show that you wouldn’t have slipped and fallen if the owner had taken better care of the property, as required by Georgia law.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
Every year, roughly one million people go to the emergency room to be treated after a slip and fall accident. Every victim will have a unique story to tell. Several factors can affect the potential value of your slip and fall accident case.
Consider the following:
- Have you been able to continue working since you slipped and fell?
- Has your income or earning capacity changed since the accident?
- What specific injuries did you suffer?
- How long will you require medical treatment?
- Do you require nursing care or assistance?
- How old are you?
- What did you do to mitigate your damages?
- How has your overall quality of life changed?
- Do you share responsibility for the slip and fall accident?
The best way to get a sense of how much money you might be able to recover through a slip and fall lawsuit is by reaching out to an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Lawrenceville.
Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys has helped accident victims in Georgia win millions. Call us today to discuss the details of your case. We’ll explain how we can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve, too.
How Are Slips and Falls and Trips and Falls Different?
The terms “slip and fall” and “trip and fall” are often used interchangeably. However, these are two distinct types of accidents.
In a slip and fall, a slick, slippery, or unsecured surface causes your feet to slide out in front of you. Momentum carries your torso and upper body backward.
As a result, some common slip and fall injuries include:
- Back injury
- Spinal fracture
- Fractured tailbone
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injury
In a trip and fall, a hazard catches your foot or otherwise halts forward motion. Your feet get stuck, but momentum carries your upper body forward (often rapidly).
As a result, some common trip and fall injuries include:
- Broken fingers, hands, and arms
- Sprained knees and ankles
- Dental injury
- Eye injury
- Facial fracture
- Chest injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Under the right circumstances, slips and falls and trips and falls can also cause other catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
What Types of Damages Can I Get After a Lawrenceville Slip and Fall?
You can generally seek compensatory damages when you file a slip and fall accident lawsuit in Lawrenceville, GA.
Compensatory damages fall into two distinct categories: economic awards and non-economic awards.
Economic damages help you cope with the verifiable financial losses and expenses related to your accident, including:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Nursing care
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Funeral expenses if a slip and fall is fatal
Non-economic damages help you cope with the injuries that are more difficult to value, such as:
- Chronic physical pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
When a defendant’s conduct is proven intentional or grossly negligent, a Gwinnett County jury can also award punitive damages.
The property owner and its insurance company won’t hesitate to downplay your injuries in an effort to drive down the value of your case. Our slip and fall attorney in Lawrenceville won’t let these tactics go unanswered.
When we take your case, we’ll dig into the details and work to understand exactly how your life has changed since the accident. With the help of expert witnesses, we’ll build a compelling legal claim that sets you up for the financial recovery you deserve.
When Do I Have to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in Georgia?
You’ll typically have two years from the date of your slip and fall accident to file a lawsuit in Georgia.
If you’ve lost a close family member in a fatal slip and fall, you’ll have two years from their death to file a wrongful death claim.
The statute of limitations can differ when the slip and fall victim is a child or when you’re seeking damages from the government.
It’s important to file your claim on time. Once the statute of limitations expires, you can no longer bring a claim and demand compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Lawrenceville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Call Lawson Personal Injury Attorneys if you’ve slipped and fallen in Lawrenceville, Georgia. You may be entitled to compensation. Our Lawrenceville slip and fall lawyer can help you take on the negligent owner and make things right.
Putting 18+ years of combined experience to work, we’ve helped our clients win millions in settlements and jury awards. Now, we’re ready to help you get the money you deserve, too.
Call our Lawrenceville law office to get started. Your first case assessment is free.
Highly Rated Chiropractors In Lawrenceville
- Revive Medical Center – 753 Old Norcross Rd ste a, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Goodman Chiropractic Clinic – 720 Old Snellville Hwy Suite 150, Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- AICA Orthopedics – 217 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Georgia Chiropractic Care – Dr. Wayne Stevens – 368 W Pike St STE 202, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Gwinnett Medical Back & Neck Pain – 911 Duluth Hwy Suite D7, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.